PlayStation Plus is the subscription service that connects millions of users in online multiplayer sessions. The product goal is to shift the perception from Plus as a multiplayer tax to a service that brings value, benefits and exclusive features to our global subscribers. Along with online multiplayer, users also get the benefit of online storage and free monthly entitlements.
Working closely with product stakeholders, engineering, and interaction design, responsibilities included:
- Attending engineering scrums and grooming sessions
- Interpreting high-level briefs and business requirements into product and user goals
- Whiteboarding, brainstorming and mapping sessions
- Wireframing and documentation (user flow, edge cases)
- Designing beautiful interfaces and creating elegant user experiences
- Adding delightful and meaningful animations and transitions
- Internal critique and iteration within the UX team
- Delivery of pixel-perfect redline specs to engineering
In addition to creating customer-facing experiences on console, I also designed the Trophy section of the PS App refresh, which is a fun combination of social interaction, infographics and data visualization. Currently, trophies are the only way users can definitively measure themselves against their friends. Comparisons can be based on number of tropies, rarity, hidden trophies or completionist status. Challenges that were faced were how to show earned vs un-earned trophies, reduce redundancies of information and metadata.